Being an ardent chocolate lover, my love for cookies and crème in any form knows no bounds. Be it the famous combination of cookies in the milk chocolate like Hershey’s, or the chocolate sandwich cookies, or the beautiful blend of rich, cold, cream with bits of chunky cookies! Just the sight of it has always been an elation!
While looking for an appropriate first recipe on the blog (being pretty sure that it had to be a dessert), after many ruled out options, this deliciousness was what came to my mind. I’ve wanted to experiment with this for quite a while, and the thought couldn’t have come at a better time! A little later, I found myself setting out to get the ingredients, an ear to ear smile on my face, not being to contain my excitement!
I thoroughly enjoyed every step in the making right from whipping up the cream to fluffy little peaks, crushing the cookies under a pan, blending the cookies with the cream and the sinful sight of it!
But I’ll let you in on a little something here, make sure you don’t get too tempted, and start licking up the batter before it goes into your freezer :P. I had quite some trouble with that, and the quantity was reduced to 3/4th before it was put in to set 😛
Hope you enjoy making it as much as I did, and enjoy the indulgence even more! Do drop in comments and suggestions 😀
- Whipping cream – 200ml
- Sweetened condensed milk – 1tbsp
- Chocolate sandwich biscuits – 10 (I’ve used oreos)
- Chocolate – 100g (to top)
- Add the whipping cream and the condensed milk to a mixing bowl
- Using an electric mixer at the minimum speed whisk the above mixture
- Keep whisking it until stiff peaks form when you take the whisk out of the mixture. This should generally take about 8-10 minutes
- Add the oreos to a Ziploc bag, and crush it using a rolling pin or the bottom of a pan.
- Do not grind it as you won’t have chunks which give a texture to the ice cream
- Now, add the crushed cookies to the cream mix, and cut & fold it into the cream.
- Transfer it to a container and set it in the freezer overnight.
- Remove from freezer after about 8 hours and set it outside for a couple of minutes before scooping it out
- Meanwhile, melt some chocolate and add it to the scooped out ice cream and serve
If you are too much of a sweet tooth, increase the amount of condensed milk after tasting the mixture.
Also, the number of cookies you add can be modified according to your taste.